Developed and patented technology allows in one stage to produce 100% amorphous basalt solid microspheres (beads) with an average diameter of 50-1000 microns.
Basalt microspheres are made of pure basalt without impurities, which makes their properties completely unique.
Basalt microspheres have significant advantages over a-glass and e-glass microspheres. In particular, much better mechanical parameters, abrasion and chemical resistance, temperature range of use, heat stroke resistance, dielectric properties and more.
Basalt microspheres can be used as proppants, fillers for liquid filters and composite materials based on polymer and ceramic matrices. An extensive list of applications can be found below.
The main applications of solid basalt microspheres are:
- Filler of mattresses for patients who need long-term rehabilitation after severe operations, burn and mechanical injuries;
- Basalt microspheres modified with yttrium oxide - for radiation therapy in patients with liver and pancreatic cancer, the average price of a therapeutic dose of 0.1 g based on yttrium-alumino-silicate (YAS) microspheres reaches 20,000 US dollars;
- Effective microfiller for composites made by injection molding, because microspheres practically do not affect the viscosity of the composition, but significantly improve its abrasion resistance and surface microhardness, improve the stability of the geometric dimensions of articles, in particular, significantly reduces the deformation of the products during cooling and during the working process; *
- Effective microfiller for paints, primers, fillings, protective coatings, repair mixtures, basalt polymer floor, which significantly increases the abrasion resistance, microhardness of the material surface and heat resistance; *
- Using as a radiation protection additive in paints, coatings, panels, special concretes and so on;*
- Microfiller for modifying of compositional mixtures for 3D printing;
- Energy-efficient wedging element (proppant) to prevent the hydraulic fracture from closing inside the rock during hydrocarbon production by hydro fracturing;
- Additive to drilling fluids reducing the frictional force between the drilling tool and rock during drilling by replacing sliding friction with rolling friction and thus preventing clamping of the tool by the rock;
- Additive to dielectric coatings for protection against electric corona discharges;*
- The basis of opaque mixtures for testing various filters;*
- Energy-efficient filters elements and fillers for chromatographic columns, including high temperature;*
- Filler for condensation and distillation columns;
- Grinding element in bead mills;
- Work item in shot blasting and tumbling machines, which can be used for cleaning metal surfaces, their finishing, peeling, deburring, strengthening and polishing in one step;
- Powders for detonation and plasma coatings, in particular for blackening the surfaces of solar collectors;*
- Wedging element for fixing the thickness of the adhesive layer when bonding the surfaces (spacer);
- A significantly higher operating temperature in comparison with microspheres from soda lime (a-glass) or aluminoborsilicate e-glass allows the use of basalt microspheres for filling and modifying aluminum alloys and glass-ceramic compositions, in particular, sitals.*
- Antibacterial microfiller for composite products based on polymer matrices, in particular antibacterial microfiller for dental composite filling materials;*
- Energy efficient antibacterial water filters and decorative elements of aquariums;*
- Filters and laboratory equipment calibration.