Basalt innovations for you.
Basalt microfiber designed to create a 3D-reinforced composite materials. Microfiber is made on the basis of mechanically crushed basalt superthin fiber, produced using induction melting of the charge at about 2200º C. This allows you to completely destroy the crystalline structure of the rock-forming minerals of basalt. With the blow heads, in a single step melt processed basalt superthin (1-3 micron) fiber characteristic feature of which is completely amorphous structure. Such fibers have enhanced mechanical strength and flexibility, better chemical and thermal stability compared to E-glass fibers. Reduced diameter of the fibers leads to a considerable increase of their specific strength as compared to basalt roving with a diameter of 13-15 microns. Visually material is a fine powder of a beige-gray color, consisting of superfine basalt fragments fibers. Fragment length caused by manner and time of grinding. The bulk density of the powder determined by the degree of grinding and is within 1.5-2 g/cm³.
The simplest product marketed under the trademark us «MicroBasalt», contains fragments of fibers with a length of 25-120 microns, and up to 10-20% of fine particles of irregular shape with the linear dimensions of 0.1-0.5 microns.
We have also developed the technology of separation of milled fibers, which can allocate fractions MicroBasalt-25, MicroBasalt-50 and MicroBasalt-75 microfibers having an average length of 25, 50 and 75 microns, respectively. Amount of the fine fraction of 0.1-0.5 microns in these materials is reduced by about ten times.
Basalt microfiber is nonflammable and environmentally friendly product from natural raw materials. It has low thermal conductivity and is completely transparent to electromagnetic waves. Conductivity of the material is lower than that of glass fiber that allows you to create high-performance insulating materials for power engineering, microelectronics and cable-conductor industry. Reduced microfiber diameter leads to a significant increase in the specific surface area thereof value. This factor allows the use of microfiber as a basis for the creation of high-performance compact filter materials and a positive effect on the adhesion energy of fibers and matrix for the creation of composite materials.
Microfiber can be used in the production of basalt fiber reinforced polymer composites and basalt ceramics with improved parameters:
- Mechanical tensile, compressive, flexural, impact strength;
- Durability and abrasion resistance;
- Reduced cost;
- Reduced shrinkage of products in the manufacturing process;
- Higher thermal dimensional stability of finished products;
- The possibility of grinding and polishing;
- Low electrical conductivity and radio transparency. Basalt microfiber is effective
reinforcing filler in creating protective coatings, gel coats and repair putty.
Applications of basalt microfiber:
- Structural, safety and power elements in the automotive and transport industries.
- Casings for laptops, mobile phones, tablets and other gadgets.
- Cases for optical devices: cameras, lenses, tripods, eyeglass frames.
- Impellers and blades for different purposes.
- Armor for tanks, special vehicles, helicopters, weapons systems elements.
- Protective coatings, fillers for paints, primers, puttiess, glues.
- Pipes and gutters for pumping aggressive and abrasive compounds.
- Fabrication of composite printing rods for 3-D printer.
- Designer furnishings and fittings in the form of tiles sculptures, friezes.
- Reinforcing elements in construction.
- Manufacture of medical applications, endo prosthesis and restorative materials.
- Production of 3-D reinforced polymer films.
- Reinforcement of rubber products, tires, trucks.
- Power and insulating elements in the power industry.
- The elements of urban and road infrastructure - light poles, benches, sewer manholes and drain grate.
- Fireproof cable boxes, channels, partitions.
- Sports equipment - rackets, skis, helmets, snowboards, bicycles frames.
- Tanks for storage and transportation of corrosive liquids, including galvanic baths.
- Basis for the production of printed circuit boards of the new generation.
- Manufacture of friction elements, high-performance compressor rings with increased resource services, lubrication sliding and, for example, computer coolers based on them.
- Manufacture antifriction pairs and brake pads.
Products made on the basis of basalt microfiber
Blade for wind tunnel fan
Blade for wind tunnel fan based on modified epoxy resin, reinforced with basalt microfiber. Additional surface reinforcement by laying out several layers of basalt fabric can be used. The option without the use of basalt fabric can be made in a more economical way of injection molding.
The steering blade of the Mi-2 helicopter
The steering blade of the Mi-2 helicopter is made on the basis of a modified epoxy polymer with the addition of basalt microfiber and laying several layers of basalt fabric. Covered with gray aviation gelcoat.
Anti-corrosion coating system
Innovative three-layer anti-corrosion coating system for severe operating conditions (C3 - C5 ISO 12 944-2). Basalt microfiber modified with zirconium silicate is used as a filler of the two lower layers.
Polymer basalt compositions for creating wear-resistant industrial and decorative floors. Contains 80% basalt microfiber and 20% organic resins. Depending on the field of application can be made on the basis of epoxy resin, epoxy-polyurethane or polyurethane matrices.